The “petite” fashion: 10 tips on how to dress if you are short and small
Inclusive fashion, even if it comes to height. Because in a few centimeters there is a concentration of style and beauty. Some actresses who have known success without thinking that their petite size was an obstacle know this well: they walked the red carpet at fairs, dressed in extraordinary tailored dresses. The secret? Just enhance the figure, follow some (very clever) fashion tips and search among the dedicated labels.
Anthropologie petit, Asos petit, Zalando Petit, Pretty Small Shoes and Petite Studio are some brands or lines dedicated to girls or women who do not exceed 1.60 height. Not only that: a dedicated shopping service was also launched, Petite Ave, which helps in the choice of clothes and accessories to buy. The idea was born to fill a need of the founder, Vanessa Youshaei, who has always had problems finding fashionable clothes that fit her well. It is a personal shopper specialized in finding clothes for the “petite”. After the consultation, the service is completed by sending a box (monthly or quarterly) with 5 pieces suitable for the person. This way yes optimize your wardrobe, without accumulating clothes, shoes or bags that are not suitable for your body.
If you prefer to decide in full autonomy, here it is some tips to follow:
- Know your measurements and the shape of the body to enhance the silhouette.
- Cardigans and jackets with buttons, better to leave them unbuttoned.
- Use accessories to slim the figure: not only heels, but also waist belts and bags proportionate to the body.
- Monochrome to elongate the figure. This also applies to the choice of tights-shoes, always tone on tone.
- Thin and not too important jewelry: avoid charms, XXL earrings and multi-bangles.
- Wide dress yes but monochromatic and marking the waist.
- Balance volumes with a skinny or tight element.
- Prefer the high waist to the low one.
- Straight and not too wide jeans. I are granted bootcut.