It is a well-acknowledged fact that the majority of men don’t know how to dress. They either dress according to what their friends are wearing or by replicating the dress wear in magazines. Then there is the other extreme, where men overdress by wearing extravagant brands. It is relatively easy to dress, without overdoing it and requires far less money than you may think. By following a few effortless stylish methods, you will be looking trendy in no time.
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR BODY TYPE
It’s acknowledged that the more fit you are, the better your clothing will look on you. If you are overweight, try slimming down a little. If you are underweight, try building some muscle. It is not always straightforward, but it can be done through a good workout schedule and make sure you are eating balanced meals. By remaining in top shape, you give yourself a great advantage. Once you are satisfied, you can start looking at getting rid of those unwanted clothes.
ELIMINATING UNNECESSARY CLOTHING
This is where you want to get rid of all those unwanted and unnecessary fashion items. There are many trends which have stood the test of time, which merely have become impracticable in today’s fashion.
- Running shoes or flip flops. Many people tend to where these on a daily basis. There is a time and place for these to be worn, such as jogging or visiting the beach. Wear them for the environments they were intended for.
- T-shirts with bold or cartoon graphics. These types of tees are mainly intended for kids or teens.
- White socks. Many men still wear white socks with almost every single outfit. White socks are fine when exercising, but try matching your socks to the color of your pants.
These are just some examples and there are several more. To dress well, you must keep away from wearing shabby or distracting clothing. The best way is to give all unnecessary clothing away or only utilize it for the activities it was intended for. After that, you will need to restructure your wardrobe.
RECONSTRUCTING YOUR WARDROBE
You will need to restructure a whole new wardrobe for yourself. Following are a few tips that will have you looking stylish in minutes, without overdoing it:
- Choose items that are adaptable – solid/checked or striped shirts are in fashion with solid pants or dark blue denim jeans, v-neck shirts, blazers and two button suits. If you are unsure about which color suits you, stick with grays, blues and browns
- Buying stylish looking shoes. Invest in shoes with more of a rounded finish and try getting shoes with leather soles. Most importantly is to always keep your shoes in immaculate condition.
- Selecting the right accessories. To finish off your attire; a stylish watch and sunglasses always does the trick. Choose a watch that looks subtle with some gold or silver finish. When it comes to sunglasses, select according to your face shape.
MAKING SURE YOUR CLOTHES FIT
You may have found stylish clothes that make you look good, but if they don’t fit then it is pointless. If necessary, have your clothes tailored so they fit you perfectly. Shirts should not be puffy near the waist and suits should fit your body perfectly. Also important is that pants should not be baggy. Try a slim fitting jean or pants.
Since you know now what items compliment you; start introducing some of your own fashion ideas and ways you can modify your own style. Start looking for individual items that you know would work great in your wardrobe.